Friday, January 25, 2013

Storage Dreams

 This is my (no longer secret) dream.


 
Imagine...to have not only that level of organization but that style. Do you really think there are people out there who live like that? It’s all organized and pretty around them? Do you think they put everything away when they’re done using it? I know I’m not that person, not even close. But they must exist out there...

Organization is a watch word for me in 2013. I know it’s a watch word for just about everyone in January but I’m hoping to carry it all the way through the year. And my studio is at the top of the list for immediate reorg. It actually has been for awhile.

Here’s how my studio looked yesterday (at least one wall of it):



 
Here’s how it looks this morning:



A little neater, a little cleaner, a little tidier...

I’ve been gathering together and paring down and throwing out and rearranging for months now. Not, you know, 40 hours a week but I thought about it a LOT (which should count for something) and made several small attempts at rectifying things. And then it happened; I started working in here exclusively (as opposed to the family and/or dining rooms) and it just wasn’t working.

So I’ve moved and tossed and moved again - it’s already working better for me. Certainly, getting that little stand and printer off of my work desk made a huge difference. But there’s much more to do. Like the other 3 walls (which I can't bear to show). They’re worse than this wall started out!

It’s happening out of necessity, really. The more chaotic my surroundings are, the less energy I’ll have for business. And that’s not good.

So chaos is out, order is in. And that’s very good!

Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment