Thursday, June 14, 2012

Secret Desire


I have a secret desire. It’s not going to be secret in a minute, though, because I’m going to confess it here, in front of everybody.


I love travel trailers. Vintage travel trailers, more specifically, and small ones at that. I like the idea of a petite, self-contained world that can go where I go - a home-away-from-home with some of the comfort, and familiarity, of my real home.

I’d rather buy a fixer-upper, a trailer that's structurally sound but a tear down inside. I guess that means I’m not a purist - I don't care if it's original. Preferably, I'll install furnishings that fit my style rather than find one with a completely refurbished interior that, although beautiful, doesn’t feel like to me.

I love these trailer pics. They invoke feelings of comfort and calm. The colors are great, inside and out, and the accessories that allow the space outside to be staked out as an extra room are fantastic.

The Junk Gypsies have decorated the interiors of vintage Airstream trailers for country singers Dierks Bentley and Miranda Lambert. I love so many of the fixtures they used in their remodels but I’ll tone down my own design somewhat – more cottage, less bohemian. I’ll use lots of white and yellow and pink...with a bit of green and blue thrown in.

I don’t know when this no-longer-secret desire will be fulfilled. But it will, a little bit at a time, and I’ll keep you posted on the progress. In the end, like a lot of things in life, I’m sure that it will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment