Thursday, August 2, 2012

Decorating Dilemma - #1: The First in a Series

 Hello friends,

I’ve got a decorating dilemma. It’s not my first decorating dilemma and it certainly won’t be my last, but here it is...



This metal rake head is at our back entry and that ugly thing? That’s the alarm key pad. And it can’t be moved.

We hang our keys from the rake head (in case the pictures didn’t give it away) and it’s the best key-manager-thingy we’ve ever had; totally convenient, easy to use, not obviously key-manager-thingy looking. But that keypad is an eyesore...



So it’s got to be fixed. And it needs to fit the same vibe, obviously, so I’ve been racking my brain as to what to do. I have one idea: to use a shallow wood box (no deeper than the keypad) as a sort of “shadow box” and attach a framed piece over it with a hinge (did I see this in a magazine somewhere?). That way, we can flip the frame open to access the keypad.

It might sound strange but I’m going to work on it this weekend. If I can get it done for Monday’s post, I’ll have pictures and then you can see it with your very own eyes. Hope it works out like what I have in mind. 

Don’t forget – tomorrow is Friday Find!

No comments:

Post a Comment