Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Find - 3

Hello friends,

It's Friday find day - you know what that means.

Today's Friday find is a duo - not a musical one, just two little orphans that I found at my favorite picking spot. I think I've said this before but going there is so hard when I'm looking for smalls...it's hard to restrain myself in terms of the big stuff. So many cool things, so little budget!

Without further ado: the 1/2 gallon milk bottle and the Platter Pak!

I love the graphics and the embossing on the milk bottle; love the ribbing on the side where you're supposed to grip it.





This little box - the Platter-pak - was produced in the late 50's or early 60's. It's for carrying your 45 records (remember those?) to your friends house for a fun afternoon spinning tunes on her record player. Not that I ever did that - probably because I didn't have this cool case to carry my 'platters' in.

I've rarely met a vintage box that I don't like - this one is no exception. It's not spectacular or completely rare but it's cute, has a carrying handle and a latch...and the price was right!




Has anyone noticed a trend in my Friday Finds? Me too! It's the green thing - (almost) every item has been green. I seem especially drawn to anything that's red or green. I'm pretty sure that means I've got deep psychological issues or that I prefer the colors red and green. Only time will tell...

Have a great weekend, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment