Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I ReStore'd Last Week!

Hello friends,

I have to tell you something...but don’t tell anyone else (because it’s a little embarrassing!) Here goes...I was so nervous about launching my shop.  But it was weirdly nervous - not losing sleep nervous but just like my finger refused to push the “Open Shop” button. I’m sure that’s no surprise to those of you who know me well - I’ve been known to get anxious about a few other things.

But that’s not what I want to dwell on. My point is that I did it, although not hugely, and today I’m already thinking about managing my shop, rather than worrying about what may be wrong with it. I’m already thinking of renaming sections, categorizing my products better and getting more vintage and metal products listed. Now I’m excited.... eager!

So frequently with me, it’s about getting over “the hump”, about taking the leap, ‘just doing it’. Then I can relax and really work on mastering whatever it is I’m trying to do. But that first leap – it really can seem daunting, even if it’s simply pushing a button.


Anyway...I’m going to work on my shop today but I went to the Habitat ReStore last week and wanted to share a few good things I found:

v     Pink cabinet doors ($2.00 each...love!)
v     Two napkin dispensers (40 cents each)
v     One faucet handle (75 cents)........Total $5.89


I have no plans for the cabinet doors yet, I’m trying to decide whether to keep or sell. The napkin dispensers are going to be ‘restored’ (ha!) and added to my stash of stuff for the Trailer of Dreams. The faucet handle is for a future project.


One more thing: I’m taking down the craigslist posting for the lockers – I have another idea for them. I’ll let you know what that is soon. I also had a had a question from Denise G. (thanks, Denise, for your nice comment!) and wanted to let Denise - and all of you - know that if I list something on craigslist, I'll provide a link here.

Hope you’re having great summer days!

No comments:

Post a Comment