Friday, July 6, 2012

Sweet Relief


I feel so much better today. MUCH better. But. Oh. My. Gosh. The laundry...it’s one of those things that can seemingly (mysteriously) multiply while everything else slows down for awhile. Amazing how quickly it piles up...I’m knee deep.

On the business and home front, I have a ton of projects going.

I set up the basic etsy shop for Industrial Country yesterday. I need to finish administrative stuff, policies, etc., add products and then launch it. Soon, I hope.



I’m also picking back up on a few other projects that have been set aside for awhile. One is our back porch entry area. I found a red locker set at the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and moved it in. I wanted it for shoes, mittens, scarves, hats, purses and all that other entry way baggage. I bought a set of casters for the bottom (love wheels on almost everything,) but I never put them on the locker...there was something about it that wasn’t working for me.



Then it hit me two days ago – it needs to be split into two. I checked it out, and sure enough, it can be done.
Once the two sides are separated, I can put a bench between them, add hanging hardware for coats and purses and call it an entry. If you look closely at these before pictures, you can see the old linoleum and wallpaper that were hidden behind a cabinet I ripped out last fall.

I’m also in the middle of transforming two cheesy brass chandeliers (apologies to any brass chandelier lovers out there) into candle-eers for the back yard. I found them at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, also, at a great price (about $50 for both) and started remaking one...removing the guts, painting it, etc. But I found I didn’t love the blue...at all. So the (temporarily) blue chandelier will be painted white, along with its twin when its electrical ‘guts’ are removed.

 




 
Then I’ll just need to decide where to hang them to best enjoy the lovely candlelight they’ll emit.

Have a wonderful weekend, friends...


1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Your etsy shop is coming! I'm so happy to see that you're moving forward and not allowing setbacks to stop you. There is so much more yet for you to do, dear Bee. I read nearly everything on the etsy site when we first started selling; we're still learning and improving our shop. Jus' sayin' it doesn't have to be perfect for you to begin ;) I love you!

    ReplyDelete