Thursday, July 12, 2012

Slug

It's been so hot here. Blazing. 109 degrees. And today was cloudy...can you say humid, too? We try very diligently to monitor our energy use so the A/C is out of the question during peak hours. That's why the title of this post is slug, as in...I am one.

I've been making a few more things for the etsy shop...slowly. It's starting to sound like a phantom, huh? But it's happening, you've just got to trust me.


In the meantime, since I haven't taken one picture today, I'm sharing a vintage ad image, one of the hundreds I have from a collection of vintage children's magazines. It, too, will be one of the things for sale in my etsy shop, along with other, similar, images.

My magazines are turn-of-the-20th-century-vintage so they're mostly in pretty bad shape. Their content is in the public domain so copyright issues are far less. The illustrations are so amazing - clever, creative, detailed - I love to look at them. For etsy, I scan the images, 'clean' them up and make them available for purchase in the shop. The uses for artists, crafters, and other creative types are certainly far more than I can imagine!

Tomorrow is only supposed to be 104. What a reprieve! Sort of...

No comments:

Post a Comment